One of the nation’s most recognisable trains, Pendolino trains first arrived in the UK in 2001 when Virgin Trains bought 53 Class 390 Pendolinos. Pendolinos were established during the 1960s in Italy, the name derived from the Italian word pendolo which translates to ‘small pendulum’ – due to the way the train tilts when going around curves on the track.
The Pendolino train’s tilting mechanism means it can run at higher speeds along older tracks whilst maintaining passenger comfort. The maximum speed of a Pendolino is 140 mph, but it can only run at 125 mph in the UK. The Bigjigs Rail Virgin Trains Pendolino runs at a more modest speed, powered by little hands along a wooden railway network!
This Virgin Pendolino toy train is the perfect addition to a wooden train set and is supplied complete with two engines, a carriage and two pieces of wooden rail track. Magnetic couplings ensure compatibility with the Bigjigs Rail range. Most other major wooden railway brands are compatible with Bigjigs Rail. Made from high quality, responsibly sourced materials. Conforms to current European safety standards. Consists of 5 play pieces.
– Virgin Trains Pendolino replica engine
– Features two engines, a carriage and two pieces of wooden rail track
– Magnetic couplings ensure compatibility with all other engines & carriages in the Bigjigs Rail range.
– Most other major wooden railway brands are compatible with Bigjigs Rail.
– Made from quality, responsibly sourced materials.
– Not suitable for under 3 year old
Shop online or visit us in store in the heart of the Yorkshire Dales. We are located in the beautiful towns of Ilkley and Harrogate.